General Regulation And Code Of Conduct
- Classes will be held between 9.45am to 12.45pm and 1.30pm to 4.30pm on Mondays to Fridays and between 9.45am to 12.45pm on Saturdays. Saturday afternoon will be devoted to Nss/Ncc /Sports and other extracurricular activities.
- At the first warning bell for class, given 5 minutes before the hour, students enter class and occupy their places. At the second bell, the lecturers enter classes and the students stand in silence to receive them. At once all pray in silence to obtain gods blessings in work before them.
- Late comers can enter the class only if permitted by the lecturers. They may be marked present at the end of the hour only if there was sufficient reason for being late. Those who depend on public conveyance to come to the college should leave their homes early enough to avoid peak hours and be at the college well in time.
- During class hours the lecturer’s permission is needed to move away from one place or to leave the room.
- Irregularity in attendance, insubordination, discourtesy to staff members, habitual inattention and late coming, neglect of work, obscenity in word or act are punishable by fine or loss of attendance.
- Every student should posses identity card which should be produced when asked for, especially in dealing with the office and library.
- Punctual and regular attendance is essential for the formation of character and is therefore insisted upon. Leave of absence from college should be obtained from the concerned authority. Unforeseen absence must be justified on return before entering the class with a note of excuse from the parent or guardian. A medical certificate should be furnished especially when a student is absent for a long time due to illness. A medical certificate however does not entitle a student for attendance. The names of students who are absent continuously for two weeks without any notice will be struck off from the register.Those who are deputed officially by the college to participate in academic, culutural, or sports activities should handover a note of deputation signed by the concerned lecturer to the academic advisors. Serious notice will be taken of absence without leave from the college examination, at the reopening of classes after the holidays. In the case of illness, the production of medical certificate is required
- The college does not hold itself responsible for conduct of its students outside its premises, injustice to itself however, it takes cognizance of any serious misconduct of its students committed outside its premises and should any serious charge by substantiated, the guilty shall be punished according to the gravity of the offence.
- Progress report of students shall be issued after the examination. The report card should be returned within 3 days duly signed by the parent /guardian.
- The application of the student whose progress, based on the performance in the terminal examinations, if not satisfactory will not be recommended to the University for the Annual Examination
- Every student must wish the members of the staff when their first meeting for the day.
- Books, magazine, newspaper etc, not approved by the principal, arenot allowed to be brought to the college
- Those who drive motorcycle, scooter, and mopeds should have valid driving license and insurance. To avoid noise pollution and disturbance the vehicle should have sufficient silencers. Students are allowed to park their vehicle only in the place allotted to them. However four wheelers are not allowed.
- Consuming alcohols or using tobacco, drugs in any form in the college premises is prohibited. If they do so they will be summarily dismissed.
- Books, umbrellas etc should have a name or a mark by which the owner can be easily known. All stray or unclaimed property should be brought to the notice of the principal.
- Students are required to live either with their parents, guardians, relatives or in hostel or lodging house. Residing in hotel is not permitted. Outstation students living in rented house/flats should invariably inform the principal regarding the details of place of residence.
- Student must not join any club or society or make any engagement that may interface with their studies without the Principals permission. They are not allowed to play in any team against the college.
- Students are not allowed to take part in any political agitation directed against the authority of the Government. They are also forbidden to engage prominently in any public movement without permission from the Principal. They are further required to observe all the disciplinary regulations which the Management may frame from time to time.
- Letters officially addressed to the Principal should enclose reply postage. Only official letters will be handed over to the students. Private letters will be redirected to the home or hostel address.
- Attendance at classes and examinations, progress as well as the conduct of the students will be taken into considerations while recommending students for merit certificates, concessions, scholarships, higher studies as well as for representing college in extra cultural activities.
- Students are not authorized to collect donations from the public or from their fellow students for any of the college activity without the permission of the principal. Educational tours/picnics are to be organized with the prior permission of the principal. For all such programmes written permission of parents is required.
- Students are not permitted to celebrate any religious festival within the college campus without the prior permission of the principal.
- Wilful damage to the property of college books, furniture, water, gas and electrical installation etc. will be viewed seriously. In case of damage to the college property the cost of repair and any other charge will be collected from the student. But if the persons who are responsible for damage are not identified, the cost of repairs etc may be collected equally from all the students of the college. The decision of the Principal is final in all these matters.
- If on occasions the students have free hour, they should go to the reading room or student’s common room. In either place they should engage themselves in serious work such as reading or writing.
- All extracurricular activities cease at 5:30 pm. Students have to vacate college campus by 5:30 pm. unless the Teacher is present with them.